Are you looking to rent privately?  

If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness and need financial assistance you may be eligible for help with rent in advance and a paper bond from Newport City Council.

To book an appointment with the Housing Solutions team, call 01633 656656. 

Please note that Newport City Homes is not part of Newport City Council. 


Pobl Bond Scheme 

The Pobl bond scheme is aimed at assisting people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness to find private rented accommodation. The scheme is not available to existing housing association tenants who want to move. 

Pobl assist individuals and families on low income into private rented accommodation by issuing a paper bond. The bond is a contract between the landlord, tenant and Pobl for a one-year period. 

For more information visit Bond Scheme - Pobl (