We want you to love living in one of our homes.

Our communities are generally great places to live, but there can be times when they are affected by anti-social behaviour (ASB). This can affect the well-being and sense of security of the local community.

We define ASB as something causing nuisance or annoyance related to your housing. We will deal with ASB issues that are ongoing and preventable

If you're experiencing ASB, we are here to help. ASB can include noise nuisance, alcohol-related nuisance, drug dealing, harassment and hate incidents. ASB can also take other forms and we tailor our support to each person's needs.

What ASB can we help with?

We can help with:

  • harrassment
  • verbal abuse 
  • intimidation 
  • criminal behaviour where there is police evidence - this can be criminal behaviour affecting a neighbourhood, or criminal behaviour in a customers' home 
  • noise nuisance (with evidence from the Noise App/noise monitoring equipment) 
  • hate-related incidents 

ASB we cannot help with

We cannot help with:

  • children playing in the street or arguing 
  • parking issues 
  • untaxed vehicles, unless in a dangerous or unsightly condition 
  • everyday living noise such as flushing toilets, cooking smells, smoking in own home, washing machines, babies crying or playing. This is especially for people living in flats, where a certain amount of noise is to be expected 
  • staring or looking at someone, giving 'dirty looks'
  • pets straying across your garden 
  • one-off noise nuisance such as a one-off party or BBQ 
  • personal disputes where no breach of tenancy can be proven 
  • problems arising from a conflict of lifestyles, such as shift work or cultural differences 
  • personal dislikes between neighbours 
  • personal relationship breakdowns 
  • anonymous complaints 

How to report ASB

To report ASB to us, please contact your Neighbourhood Manager or fill in this online form, and we'll be in touch.

Here are some other useful contacts that you may find you need:

  • Police non-emergency number: 101
  • Police (emergency only): 999
  • All Wales Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 80 10 800
  • Crimestoppers: 0800 555 111
  • Connect Gwent: 0300 123 21 33
  • Live Fear Free: 0808 80 10 800

If you’re concerned about drug misuse or people dealing drugs in your area, no matter how small, please report it to Gwent Police.

The Gwent Police website has more information about drug misuse.

For social services and environmental health (including noise), please contact your local authority, such as Newport City Council.

Noise app

If you are reporting noise nuisance then we strongly recommend that you use the Noise App which instantly records the noise on your phone and sends the report to the person dealing with your complaint. You can download a user guide for more information.

How we will help you

Here is a rough guide to what we can do to help:

  • We can offer you CCTV, window alarms, door chains, personal alarms, loan of a mobile phone to record noise nuisance and noise monitoring equipment. 
  • In extreme circumstances, the information we gather can be used to evict troublesome tenants. We also help collect evidence for the police too.
  • As many of the complaints we receive are criminal, we work closely in partnership with Gwent Police and other agencies to resolve anti-social behaviour.
  • Police action will influence how, or if, we can deal with a situation.
  • We will investigate complaints thoroughly. We will advise you how you can help with our investigation and provide evidence to us 
  • We will use a range of legal and non-legal ways to tackle ASB. This could include mediation if suitable, or issuing an Acceptable Behaviour Contract.
  • Legal action will be considered as a last resort if all other action has failed, we have suitable evidence and the ASB continues.
  • We'll keep you updated during your case.
  • If we're not able to take any further action, we will let you know and explain why.

What you can do about ASB

When you signed your tenancy agreement with us, you promised to be responsible for the behaviour of everyone living in or visiting your home.

If you are experiencing problems, try one of the following:

  • speaking directly with your neighbour to try and resolve things between you - this is often the best way to solve issues and build relationships 
  • provide us with evidence of ASB (for example, by using the Noise App)
  • report any criminal activity directly to the Police, get a log number and share this with us 


Customer Services Colleague

Contact us

If you need to get in touch with us about our homes, services or another enquiry, we're here to help!

Get in touch