We know that many people are worried about increasing energy bills each year.

When we ask customers how they feel about the affordability of their home in our annual survey, the majority say that energy advice and support would be really useful.

So in 2023 we launched a team of energy advisors to work across Newport for 2 years, helping people reduce their energy bills and make their homes warmer, safer, and healthier.

This service is being delivered in partnership with the Community Interest Company, Warm Walesafter securing a £500k grant from the Ofgem Energy Industry Voluntary Redress Scheme in March 2023.

Meet the team!

The team of 7 advisors, will be on hand to support around 6,000 households in the city until summer 2025 – with roughly 80% comprising customers of Newport City Homes and the remaining 20% supporting vulnerable households across the wider community.

They’re trained to:

  • provide advice on how to save money and energy
  • conduct money health checks
  • give budgeting advice
  • help you access benefits or apply for energy bill support and money maximisation schemes

For further information, or to refer yourself or someone you know, you can contact the energy team by visiting the ‘Get Support’ page on the Warm Wales website and completing a simple form.

Alternatively, you can email the team directly at energysupport@newportcityhomes.com, or give us a call on 01633 38111.

What else are we doing to help?

We are also delivering an ambitious programme to improve the energy efficiency of your homes. This includes the construction of a terrace of new homes at Vale Mews, in Gaer, using state-of-the-art technology to keep customers’ energy bills to a minimum. 


Save energy, save money: Nine top tips for 2024

There are lots of small things we can do every day that can save energy. A few pence saved every day adds up to hundreds of pounds over the course of a year!

Find out more