If you're new to our Somerton work and want to find out more about the background of the project and which homes may be affected, please click here.
We share the latest activity on our work in Somerton through a monthly update.
Resident steering group
Our Resident Steering Group is made up of a number of Somerton tenants, homeowners and representatives, including local Councillors.
We meet on a monthly basis either virtually or in person, depending on current restrictions.
Our meetings normally take place on the first Wednesday of every month.
If you would like to be involved in the steering group, please contact Wesley Ford, Community Services Officer, on 01633 227614 or e-mail us at [email protected].
Talk to us
If you have a question about our work or would like to talk to a member of the project team there are several ways that you can get in touch with us.
- E-mail us at [email protected]
- Contact Wesley Ford, Community Services Officer, on 01633 227614
You can speak to us by phone or arrange a home visit if you would prefer.
- We're also in close contact with the local community through the Somerton Estate Facebook group. To join the group, search 'Somerton Estate' from your Facebook homepage.
Below we have included a breakdown of the communications we have sent out to homes in Somerton.
If you would like to receive paper copies of these or have any questions, please let us know at [email protected]
We also engage with the community on a regular basis through the Somerton Estate Facebook group, where we respond to questions and post updates.
- Newsletter 1 – issued w/c 15 February 2021
Formal introduction to Somerton activity and invite to online briefing
Questionnaire relating to homes and local area
- Session recording – all residents – February 2021
- Newsletter 2 – issued w/c 12 April 2021
Update following online briefing
- Newsletter 3 – issued w/c 14 June 2021
Detailed information on options appraisal
Notification of non-statutory consultation opportunity
Invite to share views and attend online meeting with NCH project team
- Session recording – NCH tenants – Wednesday 23 June 2021
- Session recording – homeowners – Wednesday 23 June 2021
- Letter 5 – issued w/c 26 July 2021
Notification of what option we will be taking forward and next steps
- FAQ document – issued w/c 26 July 2021
- Consultation outcome document – issued w/c 26 July 2021
- Letter 6 – issued w/c 30 August 2021
Notification of resident steering group, independent financial advisor and further survey activity
- Letter 7 - issued December 2021
Survey update, voluntary purchase scheme and timescales
- Survey update - February 2022
We wrote to all residents with the results of their individual surveys carried out by Michael Dyson Associates in November/December 2021. We're not able to share these, due to data protection law.
- Spring 2022 Somerton newsletter - issued w/c 21 March 2022
Includes breakdown of survey results by area and information on our timeline