If you're new to our Somerton work and want to find out more about the background of the project and which homes may be affected, please click here.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete a feedback survey after our last engagement event.
Your feedback and opinions are what will help us shape our plans.
Here's a copy of a letter we've sent out to residents about upcoming ground investigation works.
Here's a copy of a letter that we hand delivered out to all homes in Somerton. This is an update on where we are with regards to looking at areas of prospective regeneration and refurbishment throughout Somerton.
We share the latest activity on our work in Somerton through a monthly update.
Resident steering group
Our Resident Steering Group is made up of a number of Somerton tenants, homeowners and representatives, including local Councillors.
We meet on a monthly basis either virtually or in person, depending on current restrictions.
Our meetings normally take place on the first Wednesday of every month.
RSG minutes (January 2023)
RSG minutes (December 2022)
RSG minutes (Novermber 2022)
RSG minutes (October 2022)
RSG minutes (September 2022)
RSG minutes (August 2022)
RSG minutes (July 2022)
RSG minutes (June 2022)
RSG minutes (May 2022)
RSG minutes (April 2022)
RSG minutes (March 2022)
RSG minutes (February 2022)
RSG minutes (January 2022)
RSG minutes (December 2021)
RSG minutes (November 2021)
If you would like to be involved in the steering group, please contact Wesley Ford, Community Services Officer, on 01633 227614 or e-mail us at [email protected].
Talk to us
If you have a question about our work or would like to talk to a member of the project team there are several ways that you can get in touch with us.
- E-mail us at [email protected]
- Contact Wesley Ford, Community Services Officer, on 01633 227614
You can speak to us by phone or arrange a home visit if you would prefer.
- We're also in close contact with the local community through the Somerton Estate Facebook group. To join the group, search 'Somerton Estate' from your Facebook homepage.
Below we have included a breakdown of the communications we have sent out to homes in Somerton.
If you would like to receive paper copies of these or have any questions, please let us know at [email protected]
We also engage with the community on a regular basis through the Somerton Estate Facebook group, where we respond to questions and post updates.
- Newsletter 1 – issued w/c 15 February 2021
Formal introduction to Somerton activity and invite to online briefing
Questionnaire relating to homes and local area
- Session recording – all residents – February 2021
- Newsletter 2 – issued w/c 12 April 2021
Update following online briefing
- Newsletter 3 – issued w/c 14 June 2021
Detailed information on options appraisal
Notification of non-statutory consultation opportunity
Invite to share views and attend online meeting with NCH project team
- Session recording – NCH tenants – Wednesday 23 June 2021
- Session recording – homeowners – Wednesday 23 June 2021
- Letter 5 – issued w/c 26 July 2021
Notification of what option we will be taking forward and next steps
- FAQ document – issued w/c 26 July 2021
- Consultation outcome document – issued w/c 26 July 2021
- Letter 6 – issued w/c 30 August 2021
Notification of resident steering group, independent financial advisor and further survey activity
- Letter 7 - issued December 2021
Survey update, voluntary purchase scheme and timescales
- Survey update - February 2022
We wrote to all residents with the results of their individual surveys carried out by Michael Dyson Associates in November/December 2021. We're not able to share these, due to data protection law.
- Spring 2022 Somerton newsletter - issued w/c 21 March 2022
Includes breakdown of survey results by area and information on our timeline
- Somerton regeneration update - 2022 highlight
We thought it was time for a reflection of the last year, where we could take this opportunity to highlight what we have achieved with the communities’ support throughout 2022 and share what we have planned for 2023.