What is Transformation?
Our NCH Strategy 2025 sets out our plans for the next five years. It’s ambitious, and we know that we have a lot to do to deliver on our three key principles:
- We will deliver value for money
- We will improve resident satisfaction
- We will grow our association
Residents at the heart of NCH
Delivering value for money is the right thing to do as a social landlord. It’s what our residents expect from us and it enables us to do more.
We also want to improve the experience our residents receive and make NCH a housing association to be proud of.
To help us do this, we’re focusing on improving the services that matter most to you. We’re calling this project Transformation.
We’ve been listening, and we know that many residents have ideas and suggestions on what you’d like to change about the way that we work. This is an opportunity for you to get involved and help us shape a future NCH that we can all be proud of.
What areas are we looking at?
These are some of the areas that we’re going to be looking at over the next 12-18 months through Transformation.
- Housing services
- Customer contact and feedback
- Estates and grounds maintenance
- Resident health and wellbeing
- Communal cleaning
Help us change NCH for the better
Our residents will be at the heart of any changes we make, and there are lots of ways that you can get involved:
- Take part in surveys to help us understand what you think about our current services and what we can do better
- Have a conversation with a member of our team to talk about our services in more detail
- Take part in online focus groups with other residents and NCH colleagues, reviewing our services and helping us to design changes that work for you
- Become a member of our resident panels – groups of residents who will be challenging us on our future plans to make sure they’re right for you
This is a really exciting time at NCH, and everyone is welcome to get involved.
Keeping up to date with Transformation
If you can’t spare the time to get involved right now, but you’d still like to hear about any changes, keep an eye on our website and social media channels for the latest updates. You'll also hear about changes in future editions of Bridge Brief.