If you live in a Band A-D property in Newport, or receive Council Tax reduction in any council tax band you can now claim the £150 Cost of Living Support payment.

Here's how:

If you pay by Direct Debit, you don't need to do anything - the money will just land in your bank account over the coming weeks. Newport City Council has already started processing payments, so sit tight - it shouldn't be long.

If you pay manually - i.e. via the website or another way, you need to fill out a form to process your claim, or you can head to the Information Station in The Riverfront to complete an application.

You can do this online by clicking here.

If you need support, call 01633 656656.

You will need your bank details and your last Council Tax Bill to hand to complete the form and you should see the payment in your account within 30 days.

If you're struggling and you live in a Band E-I house, there is other support available.

Click here to find out more.