The safety of our residents has always been, and will continue to be, a priority for Newport City Homes.
Every year we carry out a training exercise with South Wales Fire and Rescue Service on our tower blocks. The training exercises help us to make sure that during an emergency firefighters can respond quickly.
In addition, we have a regular programme of checks to test:
• Firefighting equipment in the buildings
• Emergency lighting
• Electrical safety; and
• Smoke alarms
We have up-to-date fire risk assessments on our tower blocks and we are fully compliant with fire safety guidance.
What fire safety measures are in the tower blocks?
• Smoke/fire alarms in each property and communal areas
• Fire-retardant paint in communal areas
• New fire doors for communal areas and the front doors of individual flats
• All flats and communal areas have been rewired
• Rockwool cladding meets all building regulations and has a fire classification of A1
• Fire breaks installed between floors
• The fire service’s mobile platform can reach the top of our tower blocks, if needed
What can you do?
We currently test your smoke alarms annually and electrics every five years. To do this, we need you to let us into your home. Please help us to keep you safe.
If you have any questions, contact us on 01633 381111
To download the full document, please click here.