We do our best to make sure you always receive the best possible service from Newport City Homes.

Most of the time, we’ll get it right the first time you speak to us. We love hearing about when you’ve had great service from our colleagues.

Every now and then, the standard of our work might fall below your expectations. If this happens, you have the right to complain and let us know. We’ll always do our best to put it right. 

A complaint is when we fail to provide a service we said we would, or it hasn’t met your expectations.

If you need a repair done, or want to report anti-social behaviour, we have different forms for those. 

Complaints are really valuable to us because they let us know what means most to you, and how we can do better.

We have a complaints process that we follow to get the best result for you.

Stage 1
If something goes wrong, the first thing we’d like you to do is get in touch to let us know.

We’ll do our best to solve your problem there and then.

If we can’t fix your issue straight away, we’ll ask our Service Manager to get in touch within two working days, who will do as much as they can to help you.

Stage 2
If the Service Manager can’t solve the problem, it becomes a ‘formal complaint’.

Your complaint will get passed to our specialist team, and an Investigating Officer will let you know they’ve had the information within two working days.

The Investigating Officer will then look into your complaint and will get back to you with a full response within 14 days.

If they need more time to look into things, we’ll let you know.

After the Investigating Officer has looked into your complaint, we will let you know the outcome that we think is best for you, and for us.

If you don’t agree with the findings, you can request an appeal, which means it gets sent to a more senior Investigating Officer. They will have another look and get a response for you within 14 days.

Stage 3
If you’re still not happy with the outcome, the best people to contact are The Public Services Ombudsman for Wales or The Financial Ombudsman Service.

These are confidential, free of charge and independent services that can help you. You’ll need to have spoken to us and gone through our complaint process before the ombudsman will take your case.

We also love to hear when our colleagues do amazing work. It’s always great to hear good news!

If you tell us about someone who’s given you great service, we’ll let them and their manager know, and they might also get a shout-out on our customer-only Facebook group, NCH Connected!

How can I submit a complaint or compliment?

Was this page helpful?