Our sheltered schemes provide older people with easy to manage homes.
They also help them maintain an independent lifestyle.
Sheltered housing is accommodation for:
- People over 55 years of age who are able to maintain a high level of independent living
- Below 55 years of age with a disability, provided they can maintain a high degree of independent living.
Each sheltered scheme has a scheme manager who maintains regular contact with residents and is there to provide support when needed. There are also direct links to our emergency control centre when the scheme manager is not on duty.
The homes are one and two bedroom flats and bungalows. Most schemes have communal facilities, such as a lounge/TV area, washing facilities and gardens.
Activities vary between schemes, but can include:
- Coffee mornings
- Fish and chip suppers
- Day trips
We have sheltered schemes in:
- Caerleon - Isca Court and Westgate Court
- Duffryn - Aneurin Bevan Court and Woodside
- Gaer - Stelvio Park Court
- Lliswerry - Eschol Court
- Malpas - Whittle Court
- Shaftesbury - Shaftesbury Court
- St Julian's - Avalon Court and Church Court